Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Healthy Hair Feature: Gisele

1) Are you natural, relaxed, texlaxed, or transitioning?

I am natural and had my last relaxer in May 2007.

2) What mistakes have you made in your hair care journey?

None comes to mind actually, largely because I don’t do much to my hair between shampoos and I don’t really change my routine and products much.


3) What is your current HEALTHY HAIR routine? (include regimen, products, etc.)

I have been using homemade ayurvedic products to cleanse and condition my hair. Since mid-December I have started wearing twists or braids for between 2-3 weeks. I do not wash it in this period, however I cleanse the scalp daily with a herbal infusion of burdock root/rosemary/lemongrass/bringraj/gotu kola/irish moss/amla/neem. This moisturizes and nourishes the scalp while at the same time effectively removing any scalp build up, preventing any scalp issues. I follow this up by lightly oiling my hair, alternating with shea butter and coconut oil. If my hair is feeling dry, I will lightly spritz it with water before oiling. I shampoo and deep condition each time I remove my twists/braids. In addition, I clarify every 4-6 weeks with neutral henna and fullers earth then deep condition before doing a henna treatment.


4) Do you have a HEALTHY BODY routine? If so, what is it? (diet, skin care, etc.)


Whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables are the bulk of my diet. I also consume a fair amount of dairy products daily. I drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and I don’t eat any junk food. I don’t do anything special for my skin care, except ensuring that my diet is rich in essential fatty acids.

5) Do you have any advice for those seeking healthy tresses?

I would advise to keep things as simple as possible. Try to adopt a routine that fits into your lifestyle so that it is easier to stick to it. I also find it helpful to consider your hair care an extension of a healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...